Seven Things to Know Before Going to an Experienced Orthodontist, Acworth
- Orthodontics is a fascinating branch of dental sciences. For becoming an orthodontist, one needs first to have a degree in dental sciences. After this, the dentist needs to do a post-graduate course in orthodontics. The licensing and certification for an orthodontist is a must for the person to be able to practice this vocation legally and properly.
- Orthodontics deals with teeth straightening and correction. Sometimes, our teeth come out haphazardly or irregularly. They need to be straightened out. This is because irregular teeth may result in the smile of a person looking imperfect. Also, the manner of eating and talking of a patient may get affected. Also, at times such people are made the butt of jokes of their friends and relatives. This results in loss of self-confidence and moral issues of the patient. Thus to restore their self-esteem and other reasons mentioned before, it is necessary for the patient to go in for orthodontic treatment.
- Orthodontics treatment lasts for a long duration of time. It goes on at least for a year or more. This period includes several months of wearing braces or aligners. This is followed by several months of wearing retainers. With braces, the positioning of the teeth is corrected. However, this should be followed up with wearing retainers since they will ensure that the corrected teeth do not slip back into their earlier positions and spoil the effect of the orthodontics work done.
- Earlier on, it was thought that orthodontics work could only be done for children. However, times have changed. These days one finds many adults also going in for the teeth correction treatment. This may be because now braces are available in color of the teeth as well. Initially, adults used to feel very conscious since braces are very apparent to anyone we interact with. However, with tooth-colored braces, this problem has been rectified to a large extent. Hence, the patient does not stand out so much in a crowd anymore.
- A lot of people also have the misnomer that orthodontics’ treatment is very painful. In reality, this is not so. Of course, the treatment involves teeth extraction and then straightening out. Naturally, some level of discomfort due to the injections which are needed for numbing the area before teeth extraction is to be expected.
- Also, the force exerted by the rubber bands when the teeth are being pulled back in space is also expected. This too results in some amount of discomfort being felt, and this is natural as well.
- One should make sure that the patient and the concerned orthodontist are at par and the same comfort level before the treatment commences. This is very necessary since these two parties will be interacting a lot with each other for quite some time. Hence, it is essential that they be on the same frequency and wavelength.
For more details contact: 6572 Highway 92 Suite 120 Acworth, GA 30102. Call: (770)679-3029.